Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Taste the Rainbow . . . .


A few of us from my Spinning Guild (OK, the Weaving Guild - those of you involved in one pretty much know that the spinners are the "redheaded step-children" of the guilds) decided to follow a 'Master Spinners Certificate Program', only without the certificate. Someone found something online for us to follow - however loosely.

There are 7 of us, and we got 3 lbs of wool each. Two people each dyed 2 lbs. of one of the three primary colors, and one dyed 2 lbs of black. Then we saved 1 lb of the white to do tones and shading along with the black. (Red, Yellow, and Blue - we debated which color wheel to follow, and actually had chosen Yellow, Magenta, and Cyan before I left for Oregon - but somehow that changed while I was gone, still not sure who or how . . . ?)




Anyhow. . . . I did my dying with my friend Laura, much more fun with a friend!! I had the red and Laura had the blue. Laura is rinsing the red out for me while I took the pictures.




Then we had a meeting where we divided our colors among the group 4.5 oz apiece. (my red is in the chair, it took better than the other lady's for some reason - standing on the right - hers came out sort of pink)




Then we went home with our "stash" and carded our own color wheel, before our next meeting this Saturday. Here is mine. I'm thinking my green is too blue, and maybe my purple too. May re-card those two.

1 comment:

  1. AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME!!!!!
    I love your color wheel and think your colors are perfect. But then, no such thing as too much green :) and the purple looks great. I hope you get to do that again, that looks like toooo much fun. I would have loved to do that too. What amount with that be plyed into, yard wise?

    ReplyDelete