Saturday, May 30, 2009

Well, it's finally happening ....

I started my blogger back when it started really looking like Yahoo 360 was going to be shutting down. I blogged on 360 for a couple of years - it was my first experience with blogging. Got the confirmation on Friday, 360 will be history in mid July.

So. . . I am going to start slowly moving my past blog entries from 360 over here - starting NOW:


Entry for January 23, 2006

Well, my friend Bobbi bugged the crud outta me to check out her 360* site - so here I am! Since I needed to "connect" to her, I decided to set up my own blog.
As many of my friends know already, I am bad about writing, so my entries may be far between. Also, I started working as a knitting instructor a few months ago at the local Michael's - I wanted to get more people hooked! That takes up what used to be computer time, and I am homeschooling my 14 year old daughter, so that tends to keep me busy too.
I will try to get some pictures up of my knitting, but I have been real awful at remembering to take pics before I give stuff away. I have asked a few people to send me photos of things I have given them, so maybe . . .
I moved to SW Florida a little over a year ago, from a three year stay in the San Diego area My husband (of 16 years) was a career NAVY man, so our "Where are you from?" changed about every three years.
I miss the friends I made there ("Hi Guys!") and all the GREAT knitting/fiber opportunities around there also. I learned A LOT while living there. Including how to spin my own yarn on a drop spindle and a spinning wheel, and how to knit lace from a great teacher, THE Judy . (also known as tiaJudy.com - check out some of her work) and I increased my basic knowledge of all things knitting and fiber related beyond my expectations. I was an active member/participant in three, sometimes four, knitting groups. They met at least once a month, some twice. So I got a "GROUP knitting" fix about once a week, and oh! the knowledge shared in these groups. I've joined a couple of groups here, and the ladies are sweet and very kind. But the level of experimentation is not even challenged. Judy did beautiful lace, Bobbi and Colleen - awesome socks, and Heather . . . a wire knitted bustier, hexagon shapes morphing into gorgeous sweater sets, a bikini from elasticized yarn. Always the edgy knitter... sigh ... I do miss that so.
BUT, we moved down here to be near my husbands family, and it has been nice. We do all our holidays and birthdays with his cousin's, and it has been great. Plus, you just can't top the fact that we are having our "dream house" built, and it is over 2200 square feet - and no where near the " over half a million" it would cost us in San Diego for the same house! Gotta give and take I guess. Considering we didn't have that half a mil, we "took" Florida!
I guess that's the short and sweet of it right now.




"I'm not obsessed, I'm just highly preoccupied. - Anonymous"

No comments:

Post a Comment