Thursday, June 4, 2009

April 12, 2007

Wanted to share




While visiting my dad in Arizona, my sister came from LA with her daughter and grand-kids.

While we lived in San Diego we saw them about every month or two, so the kids spent a fair amount of time with us - but my great niece was only 4 when we moved to Florida, and we've only seen them for a couple of days since. So they didn't remember us much.

During the last year we were there, when we were visiting and I would pull out my knitting my great niece, Angelina, would come over and ask if she could "Help me knit". I was working on a few baby blankets during that time, one right after the other ( had a couple of friends procreate in '03-'04 and one of them had twins!) on big needles (15's) with 2-3 strands of yarn. Angelina would stand in front of me, I would insert the needle, and she would wrap the yarn for me and I would complete the stitch. It was soooo sweet! I got the biggest kick out of it!

Anyhow . . . I sat down on the porch to work on DH's 'Never Ending Sweater', and Angelina came over to watch what I was doing. She said "Can I help you? I used to do that with my friend". WOW! I couldn't believe that she remembered that! I told her, "You used to do this with me, when we would come to visit when you lived at Ya Yas. I was the friend who you used to do this with". She was tickled by that.

She spent about a half an hour with me after that, throwing the yarn while I worked, and even tried to do a few stitches by herself - not ready for that yet, but I will get her there yet!

* I forgot to mention, Angelina is now 6.

1 comment:

  1. Joansie: What a nice story!!! I love to hear of young people's first experience with knitting!
    Thursday April 12, 2007

    Bobbi C: Nice to be passing it on again. Debbie never took to knitting? I hope Angelina can get another lesson soon, to learn more.
    Thursday April 12, 2007

    Dilys S: Yes!! Another one hooked! Good job in propagating yet another new knitter.
    Saturday April 14, 2007

    ReplyDelete