Sunday, June 7, 2009

June 24, 2007

I would like to try to make a couple of these fellas before next Christmas



One of DH's cousins had these on display last Christmas, and they looked like they would be fairly easy to make. Their bodies are balls of Styrofoam with yarn wrapped around them and their heads, legs and arms are covered with felt. I just thought they were too cute.

I forgot to mention before, we took DD and a friend to see "Nancy Drew" last weekend. It was cute, and little Emma Roberts is a doll. But DH and I were disappointed in the basic premise of the movie. Instead of taking Nancy and making here a twenty first century teenager, they made her a freak of sorts - dressing very old-fashioned and being a social outcast at school. When we were kids, Nancy Drew was cool. It was awesome that she was so smart. She wasn't the cheerleader crowd, but she wasn't an outcast. But other than that, it was a good movie.

1 comment:

  1. Bobbi: so on the movie, they basically did an "Ugly Betty" rendition? Your pic is darling, I would like to see how yours turn out.
    Sunday June 24, 2007

    walkabout: Yikes, Christmas around the corner, I LOVE Christmas. Those will be so cute to make. Have fun. I kicked back into my knitting today. I would like to have knitted socks for the girls by Christmas, so I best get at it,lol.
    Sunday June 24, 2007

    walkabout: One more thing , are those guys holding wooden knitting needles?
    Sunday June 24, 2007

    LDSVenus: Those are cute. I havent seen the movie yet, I loved reading Nancy Drew when I was a young. :) Loved the Dana Girls too.
    Thursday July 5, 2007

    Tammy M: It was just a weird spin on the movie.
    And , YES, those guys are holding wooden knitting needles.
    Monday July 9, 2007

    ReplyDelete