Thursday, June 4, 2009

Entry for April 22, 2007





We worked on the landscaping yesterday, and are taking today off to just hang out.

I am planning to knit and blog; DD is doing school work; and all hubby wants to do is lay out in the sun. Unfortunately DD gets the raw end, but she wants to be a Councelor In Training (CIT) for Girl Scouts this summer, and she needs to get ahead on her school work to take the summer off (we homeschool, and do a year round schedule) - so that means doubling up on her current rate of attack.

Here is one of the many "desert" plants that we have in our yard. It's called a desert rose, and it is blooming like crazy. (I know, not so good a shot. I took it straight down at the plant instead of from the side. This was also prior to the re mulching yesterday) I was surprised to learn that a lot of cacti, and other desert plants (like the centuries) do quite well here in Florida. I thought that they would get way too much water and then root rot. But, I guess because of our sandy soil, they actually do beautifully. Our prickly pear seems to grow another piece every other day!

1 comment:

  1. Dilys S: That's a really pretty plant - lovely colours. I love seeing what's growing in other people's yards in different climates.
    Monday April 23, 2007 - 04:55pm

    Janice: How sweet and colorful! It looks like it's posing for the camera!
    Monday April 23, 2007 - 05:15pm

    Michelle: I think that is great that you daughter is going to be a Girl Scout counselor. We homeschool too so I know how that goes with doubling up sometimes for special occasions. Your rose is beautiful, how many of these do you have planted?
    Thursday May 3, 2007 - 05:38pm

    ReplyDelete