Sunday, June 14, 2009

November 29, 2007

Memorial




I wanted to show off the memorial tattoo that I just got on my ankle.

My younger sister has one that she got a few years back for our mom, and I wanted to get one similar. I have been thinking about it for around three years and decided after dad passed that it was time.

Yesterday was the day. I changed it a bit, got a yellow rose instead of blue (she had wanted yellow - since it was mom's favorite color of rose - but the guy who did hers said it would fade to a nasty color in a few years. My guy said that was ridiculous - take care of it as it heals and it will stay bright for many years), for some reason her guy colored her teardrop red instead of blue - so mine is blue, I added an extra star for our dad and some stardust so they would resemble shooting stars (after dad passed and while we were back at his place hanging out for awhile my daughter saw two shooting stars. She immediately felt at peace, as this was a sign for her that "Grandma Tina" was leading "Pappa Pete" to heaven.) and my heart is a little brighter and "happier" - if that makes sense.

I am very happy with it.

1 comment:

  1. Bobbi: The shooting stars comment got me teary eyed. What a nice thought and it was great you got the memorial tatoo. I am glad you got what you wanted instead of what the other guy did for your sister. Tell your Mac sister that so far, so good!!!! So far the no-brainer part really, REALLY helps LOL.
    Thursday November 29, 2007

    Joansie: What a beautiful story and a great idea. Thank you for sharing it with us. Take comfort in the happy memories with your mom and dad.
    Friday November 30, 2007

    ReplyDelete