Wednesday, June 17, 2009

August 6, 2008

My part of a study group on color



Some of the members from my Spinning Guild decided to pursue a Master Spinning Certificate. The number of participants grew, and it changed to just completing the requirements but not pursuing the certificate. (Don't ask me why, I'm still confused on that point)

Anyhow, we purchased three pounds of roving apiece, and proceeded to start dying- leaving one pound plain. Each person taking on one of three primary colors (mine was red). Then the idea is to split the colors between the 7 members, so each of us can blend with cards to get our own color wheel. (seventh member dyes black for tones - to be blended later)

This is a picture from my dye day with my friend Laura, we decided to dye together - more fun that way. Have pics of the dividing day too, but only know how to add one at a time on 360. Will do a blog and add a few pics on blogger later.

1 comment:

  1. LDSVenus: The color looks bright and good. How cool to participate in the master spinning requirements. Do show the pictures and how you combined the colors together. Looking forward to seening the completed yarn as well. :)
    Friday August 8, 2008

    Bobbi: The colors are gorgeous; I would love to know what your plans are and what the other ladies will be doing with theirs?
    Friday August 8, 2008

    Colleen: Hi Tammy, I didn't know you belonged to a spinning guild that is awesome they can help you with your wheel. I saw an interesting article in Spin off about doing the color wheel thing you are doing. Also the book Color in Spinning I think has info about all that. I need a link to your Eblog

    Colleen
    Sunday August 17, 2008

    HAPPYT: Looks great to me. I hope it turned out nice and red. Have a great rest of the week.
    Tuesday November 11, 2008

    ReplyDelete