Wednesday, June 3, 2009

March 13, 2007

What to pack?






We are flying out to AZ for a visit with my dad and his wife next week.

I am not sure what all to bring. Let's see . . . DH's sweater sleeves, the baby blanket, a sock or two, does that seem like enough? I need to check and see if our airline is gonna be a pain about the needles - don't want to take a chance of losing my Addie's! That would not make me a happy camper! Oh! I suppose I should bring some clothes too! Closed toed shoes and socks to cover our ankles (DD and I do flip flops a lot) to ward of scorpions and snakes. A couple-a sets of shorts and tees should be plenty for daytime, jeans and a sweatshirt may still be in the plan for night time. Need to do a weather check a few days before I suppose.Just to be sure.

I am looking forward to it, we haven't been to see them as a family since a few months before we left CA in 2004. DD and I flew out in '05 when Dad had a heart attack and triple bypass, but that isn't anywhere near the same as a vacation - for anyone involved!

One of my older sisters is coming (from LA) for the weekend while we are there, and that will be real nice. My lil' sister was suppose to come out (from Central Oregon - where I grew up) with her family (DH, DStepS, and three DD's - all teens!) but had a last minute financial crisis and has to skip the trip this year.

I understand the reason, but am EXTREMELY disappointed. I was soooo looking forward to seeing her - and DD REALLY wanted to see her cousins too! Oh well, next time.

1 comment:

  1. Trying to add original coments from 360*, lets see how this works:

    Joansie: Enjoy your trip! Bring a large self-addressed stamped envelop to the airport in case they want to take the needles. Ship them back to yourself. The frustration won't be as great!
    Tuesday March 13, 2007 - 07:57pm

    Bobbi: Pack more sock yarn and patterns! Like the 2 color old shale one. I worked on mine while flying in 2005 while my dad was still alive and finished the socks for my sister before she left for Italy. Bummer for your poor sister!
    Tuesday March 13, 2007 - 04:57pm

    Lizzie: Unless you are way out in nowheresville, no need to worry about scorpions or snakes. Where are you going? I live in Tucson. It's hot during the day (80s) and cool (40s) at night. Bring sun block. :) Good fiber store in Tempe and we have a small one here in Tucson.
    Wednesday March 14, 2007 - 09:05am

    Tammy M: Unfortunately, he does live way out in the middle of nowheresville. We are flying in to Phoenix, grabbing a rental and then driving to Dad's. Post Office says he's in Salome, but he's even 5-10 miles outside of that. "Brenda" is the closest civilization and that's not much more than a convenience store and a trailer park! But he loves it, desert everywhere to explore and he made is own driving range (golf).
    The high life is visiting Quartzite - for those unfamiliar it's a small town that turns into a large flee market for the winter. :)
    Wednesday March 14, 2007 - 03:23pm

    Bobbi C: Love the flee market; where everyone goes to get away? The desert always gets cool at night, hope you got a shawl or shrug in the works. Have a great visit.
    Saturday March 17, 2007 - 09:42am

    Dilys S: Hope the holiday was a success (and that you didn't need to give up your needles!)
    Saturday March 24, 2007 - 10:37am

    ReplyDelete