Thursday, June 4, 2009

May 17, 2007

a bit slowly, but I am getting there



Well, here is where I am at with the 'shades of violet' socks. I haven't worked on them a lot. They have been my purse knitting, and I have been trying to focus on the neverending sweater when I have time to knit - which for some reason doesn't seem to be alot lately.

But, I have been busy in a good way.I have been trying to build my knitting classes a bit, so I don't go on hiatus this summer - as I did last summer. I am also starting a knitting group in the evenings! Yep, trying to get a little more yarn time in with the locals. I have had a few people tell me they don't need to take classes, they just want to have people to knit with. So I spoke with the local library where I have been teaching once a month for the homeschool group we're members of, and have set up a once a month knitting in the evening thing. (I am thinking of maybe expanding it to a spinning group too - we'll see how it goes.) I am just working on a little advertising for it. I'll let you know how it goes, we start next month.

and just maybe . . . . it can help with my classes at Michael's too.

1 comment:

  1. Dilys S: Those are really pretty, vibrant colours! I've often thought of joining a knitting group, but have never done it. Someday, maybe. Good luck with yours.
    Friday May 18, 2007

    Lizzie: Have fun with the knitting group. If you get the right group, they are loads of fun!
    Friday May 18, 2007

    Michelle: Those socks are beautiful can’t wait to see them finished. I knit and spin with homeschoolers too and it is lot of fun!
    Friday May 18, 2007

    Bobbi: Hey Girl, you are making progress! The colors look great together and I know they will so much fun to wear, too. I think it is wonderful you are getting a knitting group going at the library; good location and if the kids come, then all the better for being in amongst all the books. I lived in the library when I was young and I have many fond memories of that. Then, you are going to really be getting that knitting time in. Way to go!
    Friday May 18, 2007

    ReplyDelete