Monday, June 8, 2009

Entry for August 29, 2007



Hi everybody, I'm back! Actually got home on Saturday afternoon, but haven't been real interested in sitting at my desk and posting - the recliner is a more comfy position right now.

Thank you everyone for the well wishes and prayers, they help carry me through.

I used DD's laptop to read all your blogs the last couple a days, and make a comment here and there. But am feeling a little better this morning, so thought I would write a little before my nap. Please keep in mind that I am on drugs, so if I ramble on a bit . . . . or make no sense, I have an excuse of sorts. (not sure what my excuse is the rest of the times, but hey!)

I feel a little better every day, but still feel like a truck hit me. Everyone swears I will feel soo much better (better than now AND better than the stuff that sent me in to have the surgery) after about a month - I am holding on to that thought. tightly.

This is one of my favorite pictures of our Jasmine. I think it's the second year while we were in Italy, so she is about 1 1/2 years old. The people who sponsored us (showed us around and helped to get settled) turned out to be great friends, and we would trade off doing dinners and barbecues at each others places. Well, Dean (the DH of the group) LOVED Jazzy, and as you can probably see, the feeling was pretty much mutual.

In general, she was a pretty hyper dog. I used to wonder how I ended up with a kid AND a dog with ADHD! But I digress, the point was she would run laps around the house when she was excited - and people coming over to see her excited her very much! (It's still that way, a little slower now. But still running laps! And she is convinced that EVERYONE who comes to the house is there to see her)

When Dean and Lorna would come she'd get extra excited, Dean would encourage that, and her laps started to include a bounce off the couch too. If he didn't catch her on that bounce he would then get her to jump up on his lap to play, and many times she ended up around his neck. I was glad we managed to get a picture of it one time. (that's my handsome DH on the left)

Wanted to share a smile with ya'll.

Peace - Tammy

1 comment:

  1. Bobbi: Great picture, and Jazzy and Beau had that in common too. Must be the German Shephard more so than the Keeshond as my other two dogs were also half Keeshond but more mellow; well somewhat more mellow. Mescaline would jump up and bite kids when he got excited, but you know me, I couln't discourage that TOO much ~grin~. Glad you are feeling better, I a was surprised you weren't using the laptop as that is way more comfortable to be using while reclining, I do that all the time. Now, relax, and heal. and have Todd and Amber cook!!!
    Wednesday August 29, 2007

    LDSVenus: glad to see you back among the living :). Hope you get better fast!! Sweet looking puppy :)
    Wednesday August 29, 2007

    Them2lilboots: Glad you're back. Get plenty of rest, drink lots of fluids and take your drugs...lol!
    Thursday August 30, 2007

    Stephanie: Gorgeous dog...and the guests aren't too bad looking either :)). Drugs are the second best thing about surgery, complete recovery being first of course. Here's to plenty of rest and relaxation and other people doing the cooking!
    Friday August 31, 2007

    Dilys S: Glad you're back, hope you have a speedy recovery!!
    Monday September 3, 2007

    ReplyDelete