Wednesday, June 3, 2009

March 30, 2007



"Spring" Sock

Here is the Opal sock I finished up on the trip out west. DD loves it. Should be starting the mate real soon. "I promise"

As for the "other socks", I am going to listen to the majority and keep going with my 2's for a bit and see what I think. If I don't like the fabric of the body of the foot, I'll only rip back to the end of the lace and use the 1's, leaving the lacy part done on the 2's. (I forgot to mention before that this is 8 stitches more than I usually cast on, 80 instead of 72, to accommodate the 16 stitch pattern repeat. Another reason I was worried about the "big" cuff) But I will keep pluggin' along for now.

Joansie - the yarn I am using is from Elann.com and is their Colori, "Sock it to me!" Collection - color #33. For the body of the sock I am going to use Lang Jawoll in a 'brite' pink/fuchsia #568/06. I'm loving the combo. (There is a pic in my album)

1 comment:

  1. Joansie: I am addicted to Opal socks. Yours are beautiful! Thanks for the info. I'm going to have to go backwards and look at more of your posts as I am very impressed with your socks. Did you see my Opal Petticoat sock I posted awhile back?

    Friday March 30, 2007 - 09:27pm


    rachel… Your socks look great! I am still trying to finish my aran sweater as well as my fair isle sweater. Been pretty busy with school, so not working on it too hard. Love your socks though!

    Saturday March 31, 2007 - 09:12am


    Lizzie: Pretty, pretty, pretty! I'm gettin' the itch to start another pair of socks!

    Saturday March 31, 2007 - 07:21am


    Dilys S: That yarn is absolutely lovely!! (I, too, love Opal yarn. Such great colours!) Good job! (Now cast on the stitches for sock number two right away, before you fall victim to the Second Sock Syndrome!)

    Saturday March 31, 2007 - 09:49am

    Bobbi: I am glad you did your first sock; it looks great. I am glad I gave it such a good home, I know Amber will be inspired to give it a go; now to get HER to start her old shale 2 color socks. If there is any Opal left on the spring socks, it would be good for the cuffs of her socks, with that robin egg blue yarn I sent.

    Sunday April 1, 2007 - 08:59am


    Bobbi: Oh, Tammy, I forgot to ask; where did you get your plastic needles? I might want to try them out.

    Sunday April 1, 2007 - 09:46pm

    ReplyDelete