Friday, June 12, 2009

Entry for October 17, 2007



These yarns are so neat.

The cream (looks white here) and purple yarns are soft and fluffy and have clear seed beads throughout. The black yarn is eyelash, and has the beads too. The red in the back, and the multi colored ones (second from the left and last one in the line) are ribbon yarns.

(The bamboo dp's are only 5", and I haven't seen any that length except in yarn stores and catalogs.)

The latest Vogue Knitting has a pattern for a knitted Christmas ornament (pg.10) using a foam ball and sock yarn. Well, I am going to give it a try with the ribbon yarn. Maybe use the cream colored fluffy stuff and some ribbon on one.

The purple and black are for DD's scarf. I was thinking something simple like holding the two together, garter stitch on 15's. Or, maybe just add the black to the last six inches on both ends. Hhhhmmmmmm. ?????????????????

How about a poll? Never done one. Let's give it a whirl!

How should I use the purple and black yarns for DD's scarf?
Hold both yarns together throughout? Use the black alone, or with the purple - just for the last 6" on each end? OTHER - if you answer this one, you HAVE to give ideas to go with it!

1 comment:

  1. Joansie: I've used the two yarns together for a scarf and it worked well. Mine was purple and aqua (not my color choices)....yuck!
    Wednesday October 17, 2007

    Briley: Tammy, I think the black eyelash might over power the pretty purple if you held them together. What about knitting the scarf the long way, alternating short striped of the black, and wider striped of the purple. That will give the fun fuzzy texture to the whole piece, but highlight the purple a little better.
    also, I love my 5" DPNs. I can't believe you found them at Joann's.
    Thursday October 18, 2007

    ReplyDelete