Thursday, June 4, 2009

April 15, 2007

Finally Spinning Again!




I FINALLY made it to the spinning guild meeting again yesterday. Between work and "new house" obligations it has been a few months since I have made it to the meetings, and some months that's the only time I seem to get to my wheels!

I put away my purple/mix merino (the stuff I have been working on primarily for awhile now) and pulled out this stuff it's a burgandy merino with silk noil. I tried spinning a bit of it when I first got it, but it was kinda dificult - so I put it away to deal with at another time. I like to spin merino a bit fine, but the noil makes that hard to do. YUMMO! I fell in love with it the minute I saw it, but have held onto it for. . . going on 3 years now (wowe! hard to believe it's been that long!)

It is slow going right now, but turning out pretty nice. I may get some solid burgandy merino to ply it with - doubled the noil is a bit over powering. but it was so nice to be at my wheel again!

1 comment:

  1. Dilys S: That's absolutely gorgeous! Love the colour. I've always wanted to learn to spin on a wheel. A friend taught me to spin on a drop spindle, and I have the basics of that... though the product is... umm. . . rustic looking!!

    Have fun spinning!
    Sunday April 15, 2007 - 03:53pm

    Janice: That is SO pretty! I love the colors and know the texture must be wonderful!
    Monday April 23, 2007 - 05:14pm

    ReplyDelete