Sunday, June 14, 2009

February 22, 2008

I found my cruise knitting!



Well, I finally decided. (No, I haven't finished packing yet - but I DO have my knitting picked out!)

I purchased this yarn just after Christmas, after searching RAVELRY for what yarn others had used for a certain pattern (the Making Tracks Shawl). I did this shawl for my DD 5 or 6 years ago with Lion Brand Jiffy, and thought I would like to make one for myself in a nicer yarn.

When I saw one in this yarn, I was hooked! It was perfect! I am usually really good at thinking through my knitting purchases - especially with nicer more expensive yarns (but I have been known to go crazy in Michael's or JoAnn's when yarns are on sale! ) - but this one had me in a frenzy. I googled for it immediately and found it on sale! It was meant to be! I purchased it right there and then. Then spent the next couple of weeks (while waiting for the yarn to show up) wondering what happened . But when it finally showed up, I was glad I did it. It's Blue Heron Beaded Rayon in Deep Blue Sea.

I also picked up a couple of goodies at a LYS a few days ago. A stitch marker that I thought was too cute - yes that is a scrabble piece! And a measuring tape I have been thinking about for around 2 years ( I told you I contemplate my knitting purchases!)

Now, everything will be GREAT! IF . . . I finish the laundry, finish the dishes, finish cleaning the house, finish packing AND if DD gets over the flu which she just came down with yesterday!!! All in the next day and a half!

AAAAHHHHHHH!!!!

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Bobbi: Ohh, bad timing for the flu to descend on the daughter. Happy knitting, and a wonderful cruise, take pics and keep us updated.
    Friday February 22, 2008

    Them2lilboots: Have a total blast on your cruise. The yarn is absolutely beautiful.
    Friday February 22, 2008

    Briley: I hope you have a wonderful time on the cruise! Can't wait to see your shawl when you get back.
    Saturday February 23, 2008

    LDSVenus: Beautiful yarn, keep us posted on your progress :)
    Friday March 14, 2008

    ReplyDelete