Monday, June 22, 2009

This is so cool, I have got to make one!

DD and I spotted this a few weeks ago, and I love it!

I have been talking with DH about re-doing the counters in our pop up camper in a similar manner, only minus the pictures. But I think I like the black and white pictures and the newspaper clippings they put in this too.



It's a plywood base with sand spread over it all. Small shells, flat shells (like sand dollars and star fish) and some cut conch shells. All scattered between black and white photo's and newspaper clippings. Then Lacquer is poured on about 1/4 - 1/2 inch thick. Those are napkins to the left, sort of a 3D effect.



The blue is the border around the table, and the lacquer is even across the whole table with it.





Don't you just love it?!?!

2 comments:

  1. From the Just Gotta Try It (someday) section -- how do you keep the lacquer from trapping air bubbles as you pour? I can so see putting one of these in my Fort as a computer bench.

    (Oh yeah, I can hear the long, drawn out "Pour it slllloooowwwwly -- and then it becomes, how do you anchor everything down so the lacquer doesn't move it all around? Because I come from the tribe of "if it can go wrong, it will go wrong at the worst possible time in the worst possible way".)

    On the plus side, this is just the sort of research subject that is going to rescue me from a fate worse than death....

    Yardwork ;).

    ReplyDelete