Sunday, June 14, 2009

January 4th, 2008

Goin' on a Cruise!



Woo Hoo!

We've been planning this for a few months, but now it's less than 2 months away, and I am sooo excited! This is the first cruise I have been on. We don't usually do what some would call "real" vacations. When hubby takes a week off of work, we usually:

1.) camp somewhere near by OR

2.) hit a local theme park for a day or two OR

3.) more often than not, sit at home and work on the house or take care of stuff that has been put off for too long.

We don't go to vacation spots and do vacation things . . . so this will be cool in many ways. Hubby has been on many cruises (having been in the Navy for 20 years), but none as much fun or relaxing as this.

There is a couple from our church who arrange this every 2 years. They get a good group rate from their travel agent, and arrange to have a bus pick everyone up at their house. And this year, we decided to go along.

We are going to stop at four spots : Belize, Cozumel, Isla Roaton, and Grand Cayman. I am getting so jazzed! We are taking DD (many have asked, so I thought I would add this), and we will be going on my birthday! How cool is that?!

Now, what knitting to bring . . . .

(FYI: the beach picture here is of DD, Godson, bestie and I last Thanksgiving, when they came to visit us in Florida. It has nothing to do with this cruise - it's just a good sunset beach pic! )

1 comment:

  1. Them2lilboots: That sounds so awesome, good for you!
    Friday January 4, 2008

    LDSVenus: Sounds like so much fun!!! I wish you a wonderful birthday vacation!!!!!
    Friday January 4, 2008

    Cheryl: I am soooo jealous! I'm older...I'm supposed to get to do the fun stuff first!! But seriously, I couldn't wish for it for a nicer person. Love you...have fun.
    Sunday January 6, 2008

    gatolady: That sounds like a nice vacation. For me i had gone on a vacation to padre island texas and it was abeautiful place with lots of becach and sand and sea shells. I even got to get as many sea shells that i could find.
    Sunday January 6, 2008

    Bobbi: That sounds like a lot of fun for you guys; knitting wise, get a shawl going; what is with the reef creatures? That would be nice to wear and bring several projects, of course.
    Sunday January 6, 2008

    ReplyDelete