Wednesday, June 10, 2009

September 23, 2007

This was my spinning purchase



The pinkish one on the left is for me, and the blueish one is for DD. Sorry the pic is kinds dark. The middle thing is an orifice hook that was free with my purchase - very pretty.

She was looking for the perfect fiber to learn to spin with, and this is what she chose. I believe it was a merino and mohair blend. Mine is a merino and silk blend - and it is luscious!

I looked for a nice spindle too, I thought that would fill in for not being able to use my wheel right now (still not ready to use those stomach muscles), but didn't find one I liked.

1 comment:

  1. Joansie: Nice purchase! I saw the most beautiful drop spindles at the Sheep and Wool Festival a couple of weeks ago. I'll have to look for the business card and let you know. The hand carving was just absolutely gorgeous and now I wish I had purchased one.
    Sunday September 23, 2007

    Tammy M: That would be great! There were a couple there, but nothing that "grabbed" me. Just a couple of plain ones. Blah.
    I already have a plain one. I want a pretty one.
    Sunday September 23, 2007

    LDSVenus: The pink and blue roving is very pretty, I will be interestedin how it turns out when it is spun :) I expect a picture ;P.
    Sunday September 23, 2007

    麗MºñFluerEyes: Well can't wait to see them. Make sure you post pics ot them.
    Sunday September 30, 2007

    ReplyDelete