Sunday, June 7, 2009

May 31, 2007

Pirates of the Caribbean 3: At World's End



Pirates 3 was loads of fun! My DD and I laughed so much we had to make a potty break in the middle, and DH had to duck out in the last 1/2 hour! (the medium size sodas might have added to that need also!) Keith Richards as Jack's dad was great! I am hoping that they make a Pirates 4, it ended with the possibility of another. . .

I forgot to mention that when we were at the Museum of Science and Industry on Saturday we watched an IMAX movie. Well . . . actually we watched a regular movie on the IMAX screen. It was Night at the Museum, and wasn't made for IMAX so it was kinda weird most of the time. I found myself focusing on a cut on Ben Stiller's lip or a mole on his face, throughout a lot of the movie. It was neat to see the dinosaur bones in larger than life though. We need to see it again on our home screen, to catch all that we missed.

Then last night we FINALLY got to watch ERAGON! I say finally because we were going to see it in theaters, but my DD hadn't finished the book until the night before last! She started it after the previews for the movie came out - even though I told her for a year she should check it out. It looked like the type of book that she would be interested in, and it was also written by a teenage home schooled boy - more reason for her to check it out. But she was stubborn, and kept insisting that it didn't interest her. But once the previews came out, she was all over it. Unfortunately, so was every other library patron. So she kept getting put on a list, waiting, then get it for a week - high demand book- and turn it in after a few chapters. Someone finally loaned it to her, and she slacked off reading it soon after. She got the DVD for Christmas or her birthday, and we have been waiting on her to finish the book ever since. (By that time, I insisted that she finish the book first!)

Can you tell my DD is a bit stubborn? We went through this same type of head butting over the movies GREASE and SGT. PEPPER'S LONELY HEARTS CLUB BAND. "She wasn't interested, it didn't look that good, she didn't really want to, blah- blah- blah." Then, with both movies, after I said "Forget it, I'm going to watch this and you can watch it with me or you can just sit there and read or go to your room and find something to occupy yourself". Guess what her two FAVORITE movies are? YEP.

1 comment:

  1. Dilys S: Glad you liked the movie. My daughter is a HUGE Johnny Depp fan, and is therefore the home's authority on the Priates movies, and she says there are plans in place to go to a FIFTH movie! (YAY!)
    Friday June 1, 2007 - 03:48pm

    ReplyDelete