Wednesday, June 3, 2009

January 24, 2007







Todd's never ending sweater : update
Some of you may remeber my drama with the never ending "sweater" (understatement!), here is where I am at with the sleeves.

I was doing real good and made sure to knit atleast one row on this before picking up anything else. Then IT happened. I realized I had made a mistake in the pattern . . . I was suppose to increase one stitch on each side every six rows 8 times, then every eighth row 20 times. To keep track of this, I have a post it note attached to the pattern, and came up with this "brilliant" little notation using: "I" (for increase) being my first row, followed by five tick marks, with the fifth crossing the four singles. (I'm sure you all know what I mean, but it's hard to explain in words - wow!) Anyhow, when I got to the every eighth row increases, for some reason I teflon brained it. Yep, instead of: "I" followed by seven tick marks, I did "I" followed by eight tick marks! Ofcourse I was into mid row 13 before it even occured to me!

It could have been worse, but it was enough to frustrate the crap outta me, and get the sweater put into time-out again, for a couple of months.

It is back out and I am working on it once again. I just can't believe I did that. I looked it over, had hubby help me with the math (I really don't like math!) and we determined Increasing every nineth row for 12 repeats would not harm the outcome of the sleeves. So I am continuing on from there, NO FROGGING!

I will be sooooooo glad when this blasted/beautiful thing is done!

No comments:

Post a Comment