Wednesday, June 3, 2009

April 2, 2007



Almost Forgot! . . . .


My Favorite sister in law asked what I would REALLY like for my birthday while she was here visiting in February. (DH's sister) She had something in mind, but then saw the KnitPicks catalog on my end table with a lot of stuff circled. So she said if that's what I'd really like, to send her an email with about 10 items and when she got home she would mix and match and order a few.

Well, the day before we left for Arizona my box arrived! Woo Hoo!! Thanks Andrea!

The black thing on the left is a chart keeper; then a WPI tool (to determine how many wraps per inch to a yarn - helpful if you've lost the wrapper and don't know the gauge of a yarn. Or, if you spin your own yarn and want to determine what size your homespun is - which is the main reason I wanted it); a book I've been eying since before it came out - Spin to Knit; and two skeins of the dye it yourself sock yarn. Woo Hoo!

I was real good and and resisted the urge to dye the sock yarn and continue packing too!

I have been busy since we returned, and haven't yet had the time. But it is most definitely on my mind everyday! Trying to decide if I want to do go the Kool Aid route or the Easter egg dye route, with my first skein. The other I want to use Wilton Icing dye on - not sure which color though. I've been told that using the black dye is awesome, all the different colors that go into it separate and leave a multi colored yarn. HhhhhhMMMMmmmmmmm. Sounds very interesting.

1 comment:

  1. Joansie: I haven't dyed yarn yet so I will look for your results. Never thought of using Wilton dye as I have quite a bit of that from cake decorating. What a sweet sister-in-law you have!
    Monday April 2, 2007 - 10:16pm

    Bobbi C: Hey, you must have got your chart keeper about the same day I did! I haven't dyed any of my knit picks yarn yet, I think I will wait til the Easter egg dyes are on sale.
    Monday April 2, 2007 - 11:24pm

    rache… Very nice SIL!!!! I have tried to dye yarn once, but it did not turn out good. In fact I may have an ebook on it on my computer. Will have to look. Could always email it to you. Good luck, let me know how it turns out!
    Tuesday April 3, 2007 - 08:50am

    Lizzie: How do you transfer WPI to yarn weight??? Is there a chart somewhere?

    Does you SIL want to adopt anyone?

    Purple Wilton's will separate, too. Way cool varieties of purple, blue and red.
    Tuesday April 3, 2007 - 07:14am


    Dilys S: Ooooo, lucky you! How fun does all THAT look!!!
    Tuesday April 3, 2007 - 05:14pm

    ReplyDelete