Monday, June 1, 2009

February 25, 2006


The DAY AFTER . . .


Well, it's been one whole day, and from what I can tell - 40 is nothing to freak out about. I don't feel any older than I did at 39. Except for my hair, I went and got it frosted for my birthday (honey's other gift to me , along with the new wheel) and the chick went a bit crazy with the color. It was very light - my daughter said "Malfoy blond" - he's the towhead in Harry Potter films! I ran a toner with a touch of developer through my whole head, to darken the highlights and lighten the rest of my hair a tad. It looks a little better, but still - WOWE! My husband got up for work the next morning and said "Well, now I know what you will look like with grey hair!" This was suppose to hide/blend the few that were showing - NOT make the whole head look grey! Oh well, one of these days I will find a hairdresser that knows what they are doing .
I certainly wouldn't go back to 20 - O.M.G.!!!!!!!!, maybe 30 . . . but I am so much more comfortable in my skin than I was even then. I was still trying to "find" myself, and prove myself to certain people, and gain approval. Now . . . WHO CARES! I am me, most people like me, if you don't - I'm sorry, but NOT heartbroken.
Now, if we could just get to this point and still have the skin, the flexibility/mobility, and remain about the same weight as when we are 20 . . . . that would be something special! ;)
We are going to my hubbies cousins' house to meet up with all the cousins (he's got 4, plus their families in this neck of the woods) for a nice dinner out (I am thinking seafood) and a little birthday party after. It should be fun.
My friend Tamara about summed it up - "Today you are a woman" . . . kinda feels that way, with a bit less fanfare and presentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment