Monday, June 1, 2009


February 17, 2006



Isn't this cool ?

Knitted, felted, drink coasters! This is my project for a knitting exchange I joined for this month. It is my first exchange, and I wanted to do something different than a washcloth (even though those are great and I get compliments/requests for them all the time!)
I felted the first two that I made the other day, and am knitting on a new one with two colors - the same brown from the others, and some leftover green from Amber's helmet liner project. I like the two colors, but am not thrilled with all the ends to weave in. Would really like to see one in a varigated.
I bought a skein of Paton's Merino at work today (it's only $4.99 and I get a discount) in their "natural mixture" shade, and plan to overdye it with a burgandy or wine color - in a painted effect. That should be kinda neat. I have been wanting to dye something lately anyhow, so this will do nicely!
There are a couple more pix in the FO folder.

No comments:

Post a Comment